Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Back to reality...

I had a fantastic vacation. So much so, that I did not want to return to the grind of everyday life. But alas, I knew I needed to attend to my duties.
I spent 8 wonderful days in Utah, visiting with friends and relatives, and being lazy. I decided to do some "Temple-hopping" while I was there, so while Tamara was at work, I made my way to the Bountiful Temple,

and to the Mount Timpanogas Temple.


I made plans to attend the Salt Lake temple with some dear friends of mine, but those plans were thwarted, first with double-booking, and then with the temple being closed for cleaning. So, we ended up at the Bountiful temple, again. I attempted to also attend the Provo Temple (did not have enough time) and the Jordan River Temple (it too was closed.) But, that is ok, I loved where I did get to go.

I spent time with my amazing niece and nephew...





and I played with friends...


All in all, it was wonderful. I got to "spend the day in the life of a senior missionary couple," tour downtown Salt Lake at midnight, attend the Arts Festival, see a true hippie dancer in Utah, go to Seven Peaks Water Park, have dinner with friends, drive a nicer car than I currently own, and luv, luv, luv those babies.

And now, back to real life...

2 comments:

Machelle said...

M looks like you had fun! those sure are cute kids! I miss you tons! Love you...

Tamara said...

Oh, cute. I want copies of your pics. You should put them up on a facebook album.

Hope work is going well. Miss you.