Monday, April 20, 2009

If I Didn't Have a Jiminy Cricket...

I had the opportunity the other day to discuss how different my life would be if a) I didn't have a conscience, and b) if I didn't have the church to guide my decisions. ****Warning, if you think I am perfect, stop reading!!! ****

It definitely gave me reason to pause and consider where I might be. My life could be drastically different. I would definitely have 2 (or more) tattoos...I have always wanted one, but chickened out each time I tried to get one. I would most likely have some sort of a substance abuse problem, possibly a child or two. I could be a bitter, depressed, angry unwed single mother.

Instead, because I have the good news of the gospel, I know that I am a child of God. I have a Father in Heaven who loves me, and knows me personally. He knows my struggles and my accomplishments. I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for the gift of His Son, who died and rose again to atone for my sins. Jesus Christ is my saviour and redeemer. I am grateful for the Lord's prophets who give us inspired guidance today. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the same church that existed in the time of Christ. Christ is the head of this church, He guides and directs it.

I am not a perfect person, but I am doing my best. I know that the Lord will make up for my shortcomings. I know that everything will work out, because the Lord is at the helm. Even though life is crazy and unknown, I need not fear. The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.

No comments: