Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!

I realize it has been quite a while since I last posted. Lets see, whats been going on? Our Stake is currently doing a play...A Christmas Carol, the full musical version! I am Mrs. Fezziwig, she is the wife of Scrooges old boss, they are the ones who throw a huge ball every Christmas Eve. They describe her as "a plump, comical woman." Why do I feel like I have been type cast?
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints
14903 SW Westlake Dr
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
The play is running at the address above the week before Thanksgiving. November 19, 20, & 21. Starts at 7pm every night, with a matinee at 1pm on Saturday. Admission is free, we ask that patrons bring a can of food to donate to local food banks.

I am still directing the ward choir...trying to get ready for our Christmas program. Still playing the organ for sacrament meetings and various ward temple nights.

Still singing with the Oregon Chorale (www.oregonchorale.org) We have multiple performances coming up... Sunday, Nov 1 6pm at St. Marks Cathedral in downtown Portland. More info to follow later!

Working part time for Toys R Us, super fun! I get to play with toys!! Today I even jumped in a HUGE puddle! It was pouring down rain, and the puddle was irresistible. Except in the middle of my jump, I realized that I would be landing in the deepest part of the puddle and it was too late to change my trajectory. So, there I landed, in water up to my shins! I had to jump back out too. So, I squished my way back into work, where I got to stand in soaked shoes for the rest of my shift. But it was totally worth it.

This past weekend, I took a couple of good friends down to my parents house for their ward primary program. While we were down there, we went to McCready Hot Springs. It is a great hot springs and we enjoyed them very much. It was fun to spend time with my family as well. We crammed 6 girls into one bedroom, so needless to say only 1 of us really got any sleep.

I think that is the highlights for now. TTFN!

1 comment:

Meikjn said...

sounds like fun!!!! I love all of the christmas programs this time of year.