Thursday, April 25, 2013

Post-op

I am doing better today! 2 days out of surgery and walking around with 1 crutch for "safety." I still don't trust my knee 100%. I made it through all day yesterday with no pain pills other than Aleve. Today I took a shower, which really knocked me flat. Half a pill, Aleve, and a 2 hour nap helped me recover from the exertion of the shower. I have to do exercises every hour that I am awake. They are just basically lifting my leg, but it takes a lot to be able to do it! I really feel like I am doing so much better though. I can now make my own food, since I don't have to hang on to 2 crutches to get around. Tonight I get to tackle the stairs! I can make it up and down the 2 steps into the house, but the actual stairs still scare me. Tomorrow I get to go out, hopefully in the Corvette, to Costco. There is something about riding around in a convertible that makes things ok.

No comments: