Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Miracle

Merry Christmas! This year I had resigned myself to the fact that I was not going to have a Christmas tree. First of all, I can't afford to go buy one. Then, I didn't want to have to lug the thing upstairs and set it all up by myself. My parents generously offered to buy me a tree, but I really didn't want to deal with it.
Okay, yep, that is a Christmas tree. Somehow, I entered myself in a contest on KOIN 6 news. (Yeah, not really sure how that happened) Anyhoo, somehow I won. (Editors' note, I normally never win contests, whether I purposely enter them or not.) This beautiful tree is a 10 foot Douglas Fir. Since it is so big, I had severe difficulty in making it stand up straight. So, I called in the cavalry. Abby and Alyssa, my best friends mom and sister came over to help me get all set up.
Finally! I pulled out all my tree decorations, of which I have many, and get the tree all decked out. Thank goodness for the 20 foot ceilings in our apartment. There just won't be any presents under this tree, cuz I have to leave them all unwrapped since I have am flying to Boise, ID for a late Christmas with my entire family.

Now that the tree is up, it makes the rest of the decorations we have up fit in better. Until tonight, these lights were all we had.

Yep, that is a real fireplace! No, we haven't built any fires yet. Jessie went and bought stocking hangers, so "the stockings are hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas would give more than their share!"

And last, but certainly not least, our kitchen counter. Seeing is not believing, Believing is Seeing! Apartment 2018 BELIEVES!!!
Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good night!



No comments: